COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Who may collect personal information?
- We may collect personal information from the Site or we may authorize third-party companies to collect personal information from the Site on our behalf.
What is personal information?
- We consider information that personally identifies you or that can be used to contact you (such as your name, email address or billing information), and any data that is linked to such information, to be personal information.
What personal information is collected?
- When you purchase a product from the Site, we may collect your name, mailing and billing address(es), telephone number, email address and/or credit card or checking account information.
- When you register a product, we may collect your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- When you join one of our mailing lists, we may collect your name and email address.
- When you contact our online customer support, we may collect your name, telephone number, email address and mailing address.
- When you register for contests or giveaways hosted by the Site, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number, address and other information as specified in such contest or giveaway.
How is personal information used by Onikuma?
Onikuma collects and uses your personal information:
- To complete orders for products placed on the Site and to communicate with you about such orders (for example, order and shipment confirmations)
- To respond to requests for support or otherwise provide customer service
- To inform you of other products or services available from Onikuma and its affiliates and about promotions and events
- To conduct research about your opinion of current products and services or of potential new products or services
- To notify you of the results of any contests or giveaways
- To research and analyze data and trends to improve our products and services
COLLECTING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to your personal information, we may collect, or we may authorize third-party companies to collect on our behalf, information that, by itself, does not specifically identify you. This non-personal information is used to help us learn what products are of the most interest to users and to improve Site design and content. Some examples of non-personal information that we collect and use are:
- When you purchase a product, register a product or contact customer support, in addition to collecting personal information, we may obtain information about the products that you own or use.
- When you are using our Site, we may log your IP address (a number that identifies your computer on the Internet) for system administration and troubleshooting purposes and to examine overall Site traffic trends.
The cookie, by itself, does not provide any personal information, such as your name or email address. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. However, you may not be able to use some features of the Site if you set your browser to reject cookies.
The information collected by cookies may be collected directly by us, or it may be collected by a third-party service provider. These data are anonymous and are not linked to any information that personally identifies you.
In some jurisdictions, cookies can only be set or accessed with consent. Your use of the Site signifies your consent.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION & THIRD PARTY PARTNERSHIPS
On occasion, Onikuma may share personal information collected from the Site with selected third-party companies who assist Onikuma in providing products and services or in advertising, marketing and website analytics efforts or allow such third-party companies to collect personal information directly from the Site. Such information may include your name, address, email address and purchase information, which will help arrange product delivery, provide customer support or target marketing communications. Such third parties have agreed to keep such information confidential and not use it to send advertisements or other communications on behalf of anyone other than Onikuma and its affiliates.
Onikuma does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Onikuma or the third-party companies that assist us with marketing may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information is not transferred to the third party.
Links from the Site to Third-Party Websites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Onikuma is not responsible for the content or the collection or use of personal information by such third-party websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the third-party website to learn about how they handle your personal information.
Links to the Site from Third-Party Websites
Onikuma may use outside marketing companies to place advertisements or links to the Site on third-party websites. The marketing company or the operator of such third-party website may collect information about people who click on an advertisement for or link to the Site. Onikuma is not responsible for the collection or use of information by such marketing companies or third-party websites. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn about how they handle your personal information.
Merger or Acquisition; Legal Compliance
In the event that Onikuma is merged with or acquired by another company, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, we may disclose or transfer personal information and other information about usage of the Site in connection with such a transaction. You should also be aware that courts may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal information and other information about usage of the Site to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECURITY OF OUR SITE
We use encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of the information that you share with us. Once we receive your personal information via the Site, we do our best to protect its security on our systems. For example, we protect personal information we gather on a secured server that is located behind a firewall.
Unfortunately, however, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to or from the Site, and you do so at your own risk. Accordingly, we disclaim liability for any theft, loss, or interception of or any unauthorized access or damage to any data or communications. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Please keep in mind that if you disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through public forums and bulletin boards on the Site, this information may be collected and used by others. You are responsible for the personal information that you choose to share on the Site's public forums and bulletin boards.
As a part of our commitment to your privacy, we agree to honor customers' requests not to receive mail or email from Onikuma.
If you have previously opted to receive, or otherwise currently receive, promotional emails from us, you may unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Within a reasonable period of time after unsubscribing, you will no longer receive marketing emails from Onikuma. You may still receive e-mails regarding your transactions, for example, confirming that you have placed an order or that a product you have ordered has shipped.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
The Site is not intended for or directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will never request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 13 and has provided us with personal information, we will remove his or her personal information.
A parent or legal guardian who needs to access, change or delete personal information regarding their child should contact email@example.com.